Okay, so I thought it was a good idea to kind of give an update on what Sterling and I are up to. I got the idea from my sister Kristin. So here it goes...
Sterling and I were involved with our community musical, "White Christmas." We had a blast! It was more work that I thought it would be, but we pulled it off! I played a small role as the lead's secretary, a chorus girl, and a background voice. I also was an assistant choriographer. I basically choriographed the two major ensamble dances (which was hard because people would show up after missing rehursal wanting me to teach it again). Sterling played the part of a stage manager named Mike who is basically an uptight, loud perfectionist. He was hallarious! We sang in a quartet together too, all dressed in our formal wear. We had a lot of fun and were sad that it was over so soon.
We drove down to Utah for Christmas this year where we celebrated with my mom, dad, Andrea, Rachel, and my maternal grandparens. It was our first time spending Christmas with my grandparents, so that was fun. We also got to celebrate a little with the Allens (opening cousin gifts, eating yummy food, and even going shooting). We didn't go anywhere for New Year's Eve, which was just fine with us. We were done with traveling.
Now that it's January, Sterling is back in the office, working on Friends of Scouting. He's working on getting his staff and volunteers set up for traveling daycamp this summer and is determind that things will run smoothly. He is determined also to make sure that all his rechartering is completed before the end of October.
I'm busy with school, making sure those kids are getting the help they need. I started the new year a bit overwhelmed. My preschool class is growing bigger and we're running out of room! Right now, we have 19 kids (two still in diapers) and two more are anticipated in the next month or two. I decided that I will be holding my preschool screenings in March instead of the begining of the school year. That way I will know if I will need to have two sessions of preschool in a day. Now that that's decided, I feel a lot better about next year. I also have rearranged things in my schedule so that I am able to work with individual kids on their goals. Whew!
So there you have it!
No comments:
Post a Comment