Well all good things must come to an end sometime. The school year is over and now I'm sitting back and relaxing after a stressful first year. I had fun and learned a lot though. I'm going to miss those kids for sure.
For those of you who are wondering, I will not be teaching in Aberdeen next year. Here's why. I was invited to apply for a first grade teaching job in Moreland Elementary, which I eventually was offered the job. Yay for me! At the same time, Sterling is getting his teaching certificate and looking for teaching jobs in the area. That's right, he will be resigning from working for the BSA as of July 24th. Anyway, he found an opening in Sugar City teaching 5th grade. We talked about it and decided that he had a pretty good chance of getting the job due to the connections he has made since he attended school there himself. We also agreed that it would be best for Sterling to provide for our family than for me, which means that if he got the job, I would turn down the one I was offered in Moreland. Lo and behold, he got the job, and I became jobless once again. I applied for many teaching jobs in the Sugar City/Rexburg area, but to no avail.
Meanwhile, Sterling has been busy with traveling day camp, and of course, I tag along helping out where ever I'm needed. We've gotten to be pretty good at unloading and loading that trailer. It's been fun too! I've also volunteered at our local library for the summer reading story time person. I really enjoy reading awesome books to the kids in Aberdeen.
Last but not least, our search for a house. Not to rent... oh no! To buy. At last we'll be able to have a house of our own! We found one in Sugar City that we love and we've already made an offer on it. I'll tell the details later. But let me just say, it's pretty retro, which is okay for us. It'll take some time for us to make it Amy and Sterling Willford's house, but that's okay. Cross your fingers for us that we get this house 'cause it's a good one!
Here are some pictures of us in the past months. Sorry it's been so long since the last post. Enjoy!
 |
| Happy birthday to me! Wow that is a lot of fire on that cake. |
 |
| This is me with my new hair cut... really really short. I love it! |
 |
| Okay, I've never been inside the potato museum, but when Mom and Dad came to visit, we tried to go but it was closed. Oh well. |
 |
| Our Easter Eggs! |
 |
| Our Easter Family Picture |
 |
| I don't know these people, but they tried to look like us and wanted their picture taken. |
No comments:
Post a Comment