Hooray! We're finally here in Sugar City our home for at least the next 9 months. We live in a lovely refurbished realestate office. The outside looks... like a shoe box. The inside is pretty sweet. It has a pretty big living room and family room, 2 bedrooms, 1 1/2 bathrooms and a pretty good kitchen. We have a washer and dryer and a dishwasher too! :) We will be renting it until the end of the school year.
Sterling is loving his first teaching job so far. He has a grand total of 27 fifth graders in his class. He also gets to teach another teacher's class math while his goes to her for science and social studies. He has taught his kids in addition to the district's rules of character the 12 points of the scout law as part of his classroom rules, which I think is way cool. He says his favorite part of the day is teaching math (twice).
I'm enjoying NOT teaching. Okay, I did enjoy it last year, but I think I need a break. Right now I'm a Special Ed paraprofessional aide helping kids with disabilities. I love my job! I also love being able to come home before 4:00 and do ME things! I've spent some time crafting which is something I haven't done forever. I've also been looking for yummy recipes on pintrist and finding fun things to do with the scrap fabric I have. So far, I've loved the free time I've been having!
No comments:
Post a Comment